Britannia Adelphi Hotel. This popular affordable hotel is located right in the heart of Liverpool at Ranelagh Place. It’s very close to public transportation (Lime Street Station) and it’s also a short walk to many attractions such as Echo Arena, Albert Dock, the Cavern Quarter, Liverpool One, the Royal Liver Building and Anfield Stadium.
Among the best features of this hotel is the swimming pool you can see pictured above. There’s also a fitness, a bar, and an in-house restaurant. Click Here to find a great deal on the Britannia Adelphi Hotel now.
Hampton by Hilton City Centre. This very popular modern hotel has excellent verified guest reviews which commonly mention its clean guest rooms, fully equipped fitness room, tasty breakfast, and convenient parking.
A hot breakfast is complimentary for all guests. The selection includes bacon, sausages, and scrambled eggs.
The Lord Nelson Hotel. If you don’t mind staying in a small room then this inexpensive hotel is an excellent deal.
Among the the amenities here are a swimming pool, an in-house restaurant, a popular bar, convenient onsite parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
Posh Pads at the Casartelli. Five star “posh pads” with absolutely fantastic guest reviews and they aren’t all that expensive either. The location at 16-20 Hanover Street is right in the center of the city which makes it ideal for a Liverpool tourist. It’s just a short walk to popular attractions such as the Maritime Museum and Tate Liverpool.
It’s also just a mile away from the central business district so it’s also a good place to stay for those in the city on business.
Among the many amenities are high-speed Internet, entertainment centers, climate controls, full kitchens, grocery service, laundry equipment, satellite TVs, on-site parking, and personal safes. Click Here to find the best deals on a “posh pad” right now.
Hard Day’s Night Hotel. This four star hotel is the perfect place to stay for The Beatles fanatic who is in Liverpool mostly because it’s where the Fab Four got their start.
This Beatles themed hotel gets high marks from guests for its “fantastic bar” and “superb dining.”
Crowne Plaza Liverpool. The waterfront location, “stunning” swimming pool, a hot tub (pictured above), and comfortable rooms are among the features that bring guests to this luxury hotel.
High-speed internet access, cable TV, personal safes, climate control, and mini bars are also included.
2. Anfield Stadium. Football (or “soccer” to Americans) is very popular in Liverpool, particularly the Liverpool FC team (“The Reds”) that play their games at this stadium. Liverpool FC opens this stadium up to visitors when there are no games scheduled. Official Website.
3. The Cavern Club. This popular bar is a replica of original Cavern Club which is famous for its important place in the early history of The Beatles. There is live music (often Beatles themed) every day beginning in the afternoon and lasting late into the night.
The Cavern Club also offers a variety of Beatles themed tours such as the Magical Mystery Tour which is a two hour bus trip through Liverpool with stops at George Harrison’s birthplace, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, and Paul McCartney’s childhood home. Official Website.
4. The Beatles Story. This Beatles themed museum includes attractions like the John Lennon Peace Monument, a kid friendly “Discovery Zone,” and Fab 4D with 3D images and other special effects to really immerse you in the story & music of the Fab Four. Official Website.
5. Knowsley Safari Park. This wildlife reserve features tigers, lions, camels, baboons, giraffes, meerkats, rhinos, ostriches, emus, peacocks, and elephants. As you can see in the video below you get to drive right into where these animals live for an up close authentic wildlife experience. Just don’t get of your car around the lions. Official Website.
6. Walker Art Gallery. Features artwork from the 13th century up through today including paintings by Rembrandt van Rijn and Claude Monet. Official Website.
7. Speke Hall, Garden, & Estate. 16th century wood-framed wattle-and-daub Tudor manor house. This is an interesting place to visit for history buffs, and it’s also quite family friendly with a walk through a Victorian themed hedge maze being among the things to do here. Official Website.